WHEELCHAIRS GERI-CHAIRS, COMMODES, WALKERS
Cleaned once a week by PSW at night or whenever needed. Remove the equipment from the resident’s room to the designated cleaning area at bedtime. Use sanitizer/disinfectant to wash equipment in the following order.
- Back of chair
- Sides of chair
- Wheels (including hand grips and spokes)
SPILLS OF BLOOD AND BODILY SUBSTANCES
- Assemble materials required.
- Inspect the area for splashes and splatters.
- Restrict the activity around the spill until the area has been cleaned and disinfected and is completely dry.
- Put gloves and other appropriate PPE.
- Confine and contain the spill – carefully wipe up using disposable towels and avoid splashing the spill. Dispose of materials in the proper waste receptacle in accordance with the facilities policies and procedures.
- Disinfect the entire area with sanitizer and allow for 5 minutes of contact time.
- Wipe up the area again using a disposable towel and discard into regular waste.
- Remove PPE and dispose of in the appropriate manner.